Internet Activism for Efrén Paredes, Jr.
People interested in assisting the campaign to free Efren Paredes, Jr. using the internet are encouraged to copy and paste the following message in e-mails, and post it on bulletin boards, blogs, web sites, and anywhere else you can post it on the internet.
Many blogs and web sites have comment sections. In those sections you can copy and paste the message that follows. If there is a subject line to enter text into I suggest using "Innocent 15-Year-Old Latino Honor Student Sentenced to Life in Prison".
Thank you for your support and willingness to assist the advancement of our campaign using the Internet.
Below is the text to be copied and pasted:
Innocent 15-Year-Old Latino Honor Student
Sentenced to Life in Prison
Please support a pardon, commutation or new trial for a wrongly convicted 15-year-old Latino honor student named Efren Paredes, Jr. Efren has been in prison now over 18 years for a crime he did not commit and had no role in. You can learn more about this deplorable case of injustice and ongoing human rights violation by visiting www.4Efren.com.
The following are some of Efren's notable supporters:
▸ Paul Ciolino (Northwestern University Center for Wrongful Convictions, lead investigative advisor, wrongful convictions expert);
▸ Dr. Nancy Wonders (Northern Arizona University, Chair, Dept. of Criminology and Criminal Justice);
▸ Dr. Martha Grace Duncan (Emory University, law professor);
▸ Dr. Carlos Muñoz, Jr. (University of California, Berkeley, professor emeritus, author, lecturer, human rights activist);
▸ Dr. Elizabeth "Betita" Martinez (Institute for MultiRacial Justice, Co-Chair; professor emeritus, author, human rights activist);
▸ Favianna Rodriguez (internationally acclaimed muralist, printmaker and political activist);
▸ Elisha Miranda aka E-Fierce (co-founder of Chica Luna Productions, author of The SistaHood: On The Mic,, adjunct professor in film at the City University of New York, activist);
▸ Dorinda Moreno (Hitec Aztec Communications, producer; Elders of the 4 Colors 4 Directions, board member, human rights activist);
▸ and several other respected and knowledgeable persons support our efforts to free Efren.You can support Efren's campaign for justice by:
1) Signing his online petition for justice at www.petitionspot.com/petitions/4Efren.
2) Writing letters in support of Efren and mail them to: The Injustice Must End (TIME),
3) Adding Efren as a friend on your MySpace page and/or Facebook page and place him among your top friends to give him more visibility. Efren's MySpace page is available at http://www.myspace.com/4Efren and his Facebook page is available at http://www.facebook.com/p/Efren_Tlecoz_Paredes/665781653.
4) Joining the "Fairness for Efren" groups available on MySpace at http://groups.myspace.com/4Efren and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2256345644.
5) Making a secure online donation to the Efren Paredes, Jr. Legal Defense Fund by going to http://4Efren.blogspot.com and clicking on the "Donation" button located in the upper-left-hand corner of the page. The donations are being processed through PayPal.
6) By copying and pasting this message into e-mails, on blogs, discussion boards, in chat rooms, etc., and encouraging others to do the same. If you have a MySpace page you can copy this entire post into a blog post on your page. If you have a Facebook page you can copy and paste this entire post into a created Notes post on your page.
Thank you and please support our efforts to obtain justice for Efren.
The Injustice Must End (TIME)
Web Site: www.4Efren.com